Red eyelids by Chanel #1
It took Lucia to work for Chanel and create this beautiful ‘all about red’ collection to make Stephanie finally be ok to serve as our model…
Let me explain:
Lucia Pica is the new Chanel makeup creative designer and this fall, she has decided to go back to makeup basics by encouraging us to put a few dashes a red on the eyelids and you know what? It looks just A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.
Stéphanie Rousseau is Stef from the Mademoiselle Stef blog. Illustrator with a transparent complexion and lagoon look, she’s also a DA, graphic designer and photographer… Of course we read her blog and we follow her nice Instagram page… Of course we love her brushstroke… But we have especially been after her for a few months because we think she kinda looks like Kristen Stewart… and this is so inspiring.
So Steph, who agrees to serve as our model to try the surprising red eye shadow shades from Chanel, it’s just perfect!
And guess what, everything worked out!
Since I just got back from maternity leave, and Stef was coming to Paris for a few days for her job (she lives in Bordeaux…)… And Alain was available to curl our beautiful model’s hairstyle.
Yes ladies, be ready, you will soon be able to enjoy some complete beauty coaching that will also include the highlight of your hair! Isn’t life beautiful?
☞ For Stef’s complexion, I chose:
- The Belle Mine Naturelle n°20 foundation (a very light ivory), perfect for her skin that tends to have some redness, this foundation sublimates and gives flawless skin thanks to “Healthy Glow Booster” mineral pigments and “Soft Focus” powders.
- The éclat lumière N°20 face pen, perfect to illuminate all dark areas with subtlety.
- The foundation powder n°20, in order to mattify and unify some reluctant areas even more, but without any “caky” effect.
☞ For Stef’s eyes, I chose:
- The illusion eye shadow 132 Rouge contraste, a matte chocolate brown with a silky cream texture.
- The 268 palette - Candeur et Expérience, 4 eye shadows marrying warm browns to some intense brick red.
- The waterproof eye pencil 929 Agapé, a warm and red-tinted brown with some slightly wet effect.
- The mascara volume noir... One of MMB’s favorite.
☞ For Stef’s cheeks and lips, I chose:
- The contrast blush 320 Rouge Profond, a brick red.
At first sight, we could think it is very delicate to put red on the eyes… But the collection created by Lucia is in fact very simple and playful to use… The shades perfectly blend in and make the iris pop with delight, and I can assure you, you don’t have to be a makeup artist to know how to use it… I swear…
If you’re addicted seduced by Stéphanie’s firmly chic and ultra-feminine look as much as I am, make sure you come back next week on the blog to discover a step-by-step tutorial for this makeup.
In the meantime, I hope you have a wonderful weekend, and thank you so much again to the delightful Mademoiselle Stef for lending her pretty face to MMB for a morning.
Photos : Claire Guillon
Haïr style : Alain Silvani.
Design : wall paper Farrow and Ball.